£353 to visit 4 countries this Christmas including the Maldives!
- Cheap Travel
- Quick Tips
A fantastic route allowing you to visit the maldives on a budget
Get ready for an incredible 14 night journey that will take you to four bucket list destinations. You will spend 3 nights in magical Budapest, visiting the Christmas markets and thermal baths. Next fly off to Abu Dhabi where you will spend 3 nights exploring this fascinating city. After this you will jet off to bucket list Maldives where you will spend 5 nights living your best life. You will then return to Abu Dhabi and stay close to the airport as the following day you will fly to Athens. Spend your final two nights exploring the Greek capital before heading home!
3 nights Budapest, Hungary
- 🛫 Flight 1: December 13th – London to Budapest – Click here for flights
- Departing London STN – £46pp
- Departing London Luton – £48pp
- Departing London Gatwick – £72pp
Budapest’s mix of history, culture, and natural beauty makes it a must-visit destination in Europe. There is so much to see and do, especially at Christmas time! Explore the Christmas markets or relaxi in the many thermal baths. The nightlife here is amazing too!
3 nights: Explore UAE – Abu Dhabi and/or Dubai
- 🛫 Flight 2: December 16th – Budapest – Abu Dhabi – Click here for flights
- Departs: 13:00. Lands: 21:40 (local time) – £61pp
Things to do in Abu Dhabi
- Visit to the awe-inspiring Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque,
- Explore the cultural wonders at Louvre Abu Dhabi.
- Head to Yas Island for thrills at Ferrari World or Warner Bros World.
- Don’t miss the serene beauty of Yas Beach
- Take a stroll along the Corniche
- Enjoy shopping at Marina Mall
- Immerse yourself in local heritage at Qasr Al Watan
Alternatively, take a short shuttle bus to Dubai (1h15m and less than £8 each way) for a different vibe.
Things to do in Dubai
- Catch the dazzling Fountain Show and ascend the Burj Khalifa for breathtaking views
- Shop at the Dubai Mall
- Ride an abra across Dubai Creek
- Experience a desert safari with sandboarding.
- Explore Dubai’s Old Town in Al Bastakiya
- Take a stroll in the Miracle Garden
- Unwind at the stunning JBR Beach
- Enjoy an evening at the Dubai Marina
- Indulge in local flavours at traditional souks
5 nights: Maldives on a Budget
- 🏝️ Flight 3 and 4: December 19th – 24th – Return flights from Abu Dhabi to Male (Maldives) for just £134pp: link here
- 🛫 Departure: 11:45, Arrival: 18:05 (5h20m duration) – Outbound.
- 🛬 Departure: 19:00, Arrival: 23:40 (5h40m duration) – Return.
Experience a budget-friendly Maldives by staying in local guesthouses on inhabited islands. Alternatively, book a night or two in a luxury water bungalow and then 3 nights somewhere basic. DIY travel allows you to enjoy the best of both worlds! Spend your days snorkelling or diving in the crystal-clear waters to explore the vibrant coral reefs and marine life, which is often free or very affordable. Don’t miss the opportunity to indulge in local cuisine at small eateries, savouring delicious seafood and traditional Maldivian dishes. Exploring the beautiful white-sand beaches, taking part in island-hopping tours, and enjoying the stunning sunsets are all budget-friendly activities that show the natural beauty of the Maldives. With careful planning and an adventurous spirit, you can experience the charm of this tropical paradise without breaking the bank.
Overnight stay in Abu Dhabi, UAE
- You will arrive in Abu Dhabi late on the 24th – find budget accommodation close to the airport ready for your flight to Athens the following day.
2 nights: Athens, Greece
- 🛫 Flight 5: December 25th – Leaving Abu Dhabi to Athens for just £48pp: link here
- ✈️ Departure: 14:05, Arrival: 17:50.
Enjoy a relaxing few days in Athens Greece before returning home to London. Note the Acropolis will be closed on the 26th December. but you can visit in the morning of the 27th before your flight home. Athens offers a captivating blend of ancient history and contemporary charm for a memorable short visit.
- 🛫 Flight 6: December 27th – Athens to London STN for just £64pp: link here
- ✈️ Departure: 16:00. Arrives: 17:55
The flights for this incredible 14-night adventure, and opportunities to explore amazing destinations, are currently just £353 per person.
3 nights Budapest, Hungary 13th – 16th December:
– Amber Gardenview Studios, 3 star, £75.50pp: link here
– Bohem Art Hotel, 4 star, £100.50pp: link here
3 nights: Explore UAE 16th – 19th December:
– The H Dubai, 5 star, £221pp: link here
5 nights: Maldives on a Budget (Maafushi) 19th – 24th December:
– Alaika Maafushi, with breakfast included, £167pp: link here
– Velana Beach Hotel Maldives, with breakfast included, £218.50pp: link here
– Arena Beach Hotel, 4 star, with breakfast included, £298.50pp (mobile only price): link here
Overnight stay in Abu Dhabi, UAE 24th – 25th December
– Premier Inn Abu Dhabi Int Airport, £45.40pp: link here
2 nights: Athens, Greece 25th – 27th December
– Victory Inn, £26.50pp: link here
– Hotel Tier, £41pp: link here
– Spot Apart, 4 star aparthotel £53.50pp: link here
– Astor Hotel £74.50pp: link here
(Note: Prices and availability may vary, so be sure to check Skyscanner for the latest deals and details.)
Want to see more cheap travel routes like this one? Let us know!
We regularly help our Travel Max members plan trips just like this! Click on the link to learn more.